Friday 3 January 2014

I Created...

Oh, yes, I did it: the First Assignment of LifeBook2014! And I am so proud of myself!

After signing up for many, many online courses the last six years (at least) - many of them Carla Sonheim's courses (and if she can't get me going, who can? - I Love Carla Sonheim) - never doing anything apart from watching the instruction videos and feeling utterly depleted and tired afterwards. Not to mention the Guilt I was feeling on spending money on courses and not even getting started.

And now, I realise that all this signing up, and watching, and dreaming - oh yes, I did that: I so wanted to get started… - has been part of the healing process. That all the art making I watched so intensely for so long, somehow planted the seeds for this 're-awakening', as I would like to call it. That I hadn't been doing nothing, but that creativity had been gestating, fermenting, growing all this time.

Looking back I can now see how old wounds were healing slowly, how I learned all over again that being creative is not about hard work and failing anyway. That creativity is about exploring and discovering, about letting your soul roam free and follow it wherever it chooses to go. All the while paying attention to what happens. Just following and paying attention.

There are some final details to be filled in, and then I will share some pictures of it here.

…………………………………...

Also, synchronistically, I picked up a small stone from the beach, a few weeks ago. It had such a pretty shape, I thought it would make a nice talisman for something or other.

A few days before LB14 began, I was fiddling about with a collage I had started. Adding some shade here and there. And found it was kind of looking like a cave. A nice place to create a shrine for some sort of Earth Goddess. And I remembered my beach stone: it was just the right shape for an Earth Goddess, so I made a little drawing of her in the cave.

LB14 started with a meditation exercise. We were to picture some sort of Guide to protect us from harm and (our own) criticism during the LB year, and then the meditation led us along a path that ended at a place of shelter. A place where we could find our Guide.

Not so surprisingly, I ended up in a small cave, where I found my Earth Goddess.

I love this, when two projects somehow lead me to the same place. It gives me this reassuring feeling that I am on the right track.




4 comments:

  1. This is both wonderful and beautiful, and so important to share... these precious moments of discovery, synchronicity, creativity are so inspiring!
    Can't wait to see your creations - and thank you for sharing the joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly me, in stead of answering you, I wrote a new comment. Will you let me know if you are notified by email about my reply (just being curious how these things work…).

      Delete
    2. Sadly not :( But I don't sign up to RSS feeds - can mess up my computer - which I understand DO email when there's a comment/reply :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, thank you Claire! I am so happy you took the time to read my post and send me such a lovely, encouraging comment!
    Left my camera upstairs, but I will upload some pictures shortly. Though I have not completely finished the assignment. (I work so slowly…)

    ReplyDelete